INTRODUCTION: In the next 2 weeks you will have the opportunity to continue to invest in your marriage in a powerful and practical way that will lead to a Locking in Your Love Ceremony on May 18, 2012.
- Read and review together the statements of marital commitment below.
Statements 15-20 of Marital Commitment:
We will commit to ourselves to the following statements in our marriage. We will…
15. work together as a team
16. maintain a weekly marriage appointment in order to communicate
17. do something fun together at least once a month
18. pray together on a regular basis
19. have devotions together at least once a week
20. protect each other
- Take turns evaluating your marriage based on the marital commitment statements above by considering which statements you would identify as strengths for you as a couple and which statements are potential growth areas.
- Brainstorm creative ways to strengthen the growth areas you have identified as a couple.
- Journal your thoughts
ASSIGNMENT: Your goal this week is to do something as a team. Cook a meal together, or put the kids to bed together, or go the gym and encourage each other as you work out together, or paint a picture together, or write a song together, or something else creative and fun.
VISUALIZING THE CEREMONY: One of the things that will happen is that you and your spouse will have the opportunity to be prayed for by a pastor and to pray together as a couple. A couple that prays together stays together. Prayer is an essential element in life. The Bible instructs us to pray without ceasing. Talk with God about your spouse and your marriage. Also, listen to Him as you read the Bible and experience His presence and hear what He has to say to you.