INTRODUCTION: In the next 3 weeks you will have the opportunity to continue to invest in your marriage in a powerful and practical way that will lead to a Locking in Your Love Ceremony on May 18, 2012.
- Read and review together the statements of marital commitment below.
Statements 8-14 of Marital Commitment:
We will commit to ourselves to the following statements in our marriage. We will…
8. maintain physical, emotional, and spiritual intimacy with each other
9. quickly forgive each other and not hold offenses against each other
10. love each other as 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 teaches us. Look up 1 Cor. 13:4-8 and read it together.
11. remain open and honest
12. create a safe marital environment
13. ask for help when we are unable to solve our marital issues
14. fight fair with each other
- Take turns evaluating your marriage based on the marital commitment statements above by considering which statements you would identify as strengths for you as a couple and which statements are potential growth areas.
- Brainstorm creative ways to strengthen the growth areas you have identified as a couple.
- Journal your thoughts
ASSIGNMENT: Your goal this week is to go and get at least one new thing for you to wear during the ceremony on May 18. Let the ceremony be the first time you wear your new item. (Examples: A dress, slacks, shoes, jewelry, socks, something).
VISUALIZING THE CEREMONY: One of the things that will happen is that you and your spouse will have the opportunity to get your picture taken on this special occasion. This picture can be a great memory for what God has done in your marriage.